Japanese yogi Asami Miyako is against commercialization of Yoga, meditation


India, the land of spiritual gurus has attracted many from across the world who embraced their sacred teachings including meditation and yoga.
Asami Miyako, a Japanese national also landed in India in 2009 when she was 24 years old only.
Now 36, Asami Miyako learned yoga and meditation, and Sadhna from his gurus like Pilot Baba, Siddhant Baba, and Baba Ramdev.
Asami Miyako with Pilot Baba
However, her love for yoga and meditation took her over in the tender age of 19 when she would live in Kobe, the capital city of Hyogo Prefecture in Japan.
“I was attracted to spiritualism when I was 19 year old and started learning meditation through self-studies. But not content with this, I decided to travel to India at the age of 24, and learned yoga and meditation at Patanjali Yogapeeth under the tutelage Baba Ramdev and Acharya Balkrishna in Haridwar,” said Asami Miyako.
Well conversant in the Hindi language now, she also took diksha from Pilot Baba who has many Ashrams in India and also in Japan and Nepal. Pilot Baba is an Indian spiritual guru who was previously Wing Commander Kapil Singh, a fighter pilot with the Indian Air Force.
She also took teachings from Siddhant Baba in the laps of great Himalayas.
“I learned Hindi as it not only helped me converse well with my Gurus as well as other Indians but also to take spiritual teachings from my Gurus in a more effective manner.”
Asami Miyako with Baba Ramdev
Asami Miyako now has plans to stay in India forever and study more Sadhna, meditation, and yoga.
However, she is against the commercialization of yoga and meditation, which she laments is being used more as a business or a profession for many.
“I am not favour of making yoga and meditation a business, and I am dead against it. My Japanese friends, as well as others from Europe and America, request me to teach them yoga and meditation as they wanted to learn it for making their career or business. I straight away refuse to oblige them,” said Asami Miyako.
For here, yoga and meditation are worship, not a profession.
“Yoga and meditation came from very hardship called Tapasya from the depth of Himalayas, not from spas and gyms. One needs to get spiritually adopt it through the core of one’s heart,” she added.

Comments